- Small-footprint (small as 5KB, automatic scaling)
- Fast execution (achieve wire speed, no packet copying)
- Supports all popular processors and tools (see below)
- Phase-II IPv6 Ready Logo Certification
- TraceX system analysis support
- BSD-compatible socket layer
- Advanced Features:
- UDP Fast-Path Technology(TM)
- Flexible pachet management
- Additional protocols: AutoIP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, NAT, POP3, PPP, SMTP, SNMP v1-2-3, SNTP, Telnet, TFTP
- Full Source Code
NetX for the StarCore Family Microprocessors
- Complete StarCore Family Support
- Reasonable Pricing
- No Royalties
- Complete ANSI C Source Code
- Easy to Use and Powerful Services
- Responsive Technical Support
- Unlimited System Resources, including IP instances and UDP & TCP sockets
- Flexible Packet Pool Construct
- Timeout available on all thread suspension
- UDP Fast Path Technology(TM)
- piconet architecture for size and speed
- Size Scales Automatically · Small Footprint (Instruction area size: 5-20K)
NetX is High-Performance
NetX is a high-performance implementation of the TCP/IP standards. NetX achieves its performance advantages through an efficient design that minimizes function calls within the API. In addition, NetX utilizes many performance enhancing ThreadX primitives.
NetX Size Advantages
Only the NetX services used by the application are brought into the final image. This results in the smallest possible TCP/IP implementation.
NetX Endian Optimizations
NetX optimizes endian conversion by using in-line macros instead of adding function call overhead inside the stack.
NetX Checksum Optimizations
NetX performs in-line IP and UDP checksum processing, which improves performance. Only TCP checksums are calculated via a function call. In addition, NetX can be easily configured to bypass any or all checksum operations. This is especially useful for applications with a highly reliable physical interface or when upper layers are also performing data integrity checking.
Easy to Use
NetX is designed for ease of use. The NetX API is designed to be easy to understand, powerful and consistent. The same is true with our reference manual and other supporting documentation.