- Small-footprint (small as 2KB, automatic scaling)
- Fast execution (sub microsecond context switch)
- Supports all popular processors and tools (see below)
- TraceX system analysis support
- Advanced Technology:
- Event Chaining™
- Performance Metrics
- Execution Profiling
- Run-time and Static Stack Analysis
- Multicore Support (SMP and AMP)
- Downloadable Application Modules
- Memory Protection for Downloadable Application Modules
- Extensive ThreadX ecosystem
- Safety Certifications (DO-178B, FDA510(k), IEC61508, etc)
- Deployed in over 1,000,000,000 devices
- Full Source Code
- Critical Link MityDSP/MityARM
- Energy Micro EFM32
- Fujitsu FM3
- Hitachi H8/300H
- Infineon XMC
- Microchip PIC24/dsPIC
- Microchip PIC32
- Nios II
- Power Architecture
- Renesas RX
- Renesas SH
- Renesas V8xx
- ST Microelectronics STM32
- Synopsys ARC
- TI ARM
- TI MSP430
- Univers A2P
- Xilinx ARM
ARM RealView Debugger
ThreadX Awareness Support
ARM's RealView Debugger offers full OS support for ThreadX and provides detailed visualization of execution contexts and ThreadX resources. Download the now.
Multiple Views of Multiple Threads
OS Awareness for ThreadX is fully integrated into RealView Debugger. Developers can view the source and states of multiple threads on multiple processors at once by creating a debug window for each thread they are interested in. In addition any debug window can be used to rapidly cycle through the source and state of every thread in the system.
RealView Debugger's resource viewer gives developers clear visualization of all of the ThreadX resources including Threads, Semaphores, Queues, Timers, Event Flag Groups, Memory Block Pools and Memory Byte Pools. The resource viewer provides an overview of what resources are in the system. Double clicking on a resource shows all available information for a resource. Resource updates are color coded to make it easy for developers to see what has changed. Resource information can also be displayed and logged using RealView Debuggers powerful scripting language.
One Button Thread View Switching
Switch between different threads source, call stack, variables and register set with a single mouse click.
GUI or Command Line control of ThreadX debug
In addition to its intuitive GUI, RealView Debugger provides a powerful build-in scripting language that can be used to automate frequent ThreadX debug activities and log results.
Installing ThreadX OS Aware Plug-in
- Shut down RVD.
- Download ThreadX-1.51.zip and extract the contents into a temporary location. Download the ThreadX OS Awareness Plug-in now.
- Copy o2_THR00.dll from the extracted files to the lib directory of your RVD installation (normally c:\Program Files\ARM\RVD\Core\1.8\734\win_32-pentium\lib).
- Copy threadx.bcd from the extracted files to the etc directory of your RVD installation (normally c:\Program Files\ARM\RVD\Core\1.8\734\win_32-pentium\etc).
- Start RVD.
- Select File->Connection->Connection Properties
- In the left pane of the Board-File Settings window,
- expand the *.rbe group
- expand the connection you are using (eg. multiice.rbe).
- Select the 'CONNECTION=xxx' item.
- In the right pane of the Board-File Settings window
- click on 'BoardChip Name'
- select 'threadx_rtos' (it may be listed under
- save and close.
- Connect to your target and load your application as you normally would.
- Start the application.
- Stop the processor after ThreadX initialization is complete.
- The Thread+ button will become active and new tabs will appear on the Resource Viewer window for displaying various system resources.