Advanced IPv4 Network Stack
NETX is Express Logic’s Industrial Grade TCP/IP IPv4 network designed specifically for deeply embedded, real-time, and IoT applications. NETX is Express Logic’s original IPv4 network stack, and is essentially a sub-set of NETX DUO.
NETX provides embedded applications with core network protocols such as IPv4 TCP and UDP as well as a complete suite of additional, higher level add-on protocols. Extremely small footprint, fast execution, and superior ease-of-use, make NETX an ideal choice for the most demanding embedded IoT applications.
An additional 10KB to 13KB of instruction area memory is needed for TCP functionality. NETX RAM usage typically ranges from 2.6KB to 3.6KB plus the packet pool memory, which is defined by the application.
For example, NETX can typically achieve near wire speed data transfers on an 80MHz processor (or less), while using only a small percentage of the processor cycles.
The API names are made of real words and not the “alphabet soup” and/or the highly abbreviated names that are so common in other networking products. All NETX APIs have a leading
nx_ and follow a noun-verb naming convention. Furthermore, there is a functional consistency throughout the API. For example, all APIs that suspend have an optional timeout that functions in an identical manner for APIs.
For legacy applications, NETX offers an additional BSD socket compatible layer. This layer helps developers migrate large networking applications with ease.
Safe and secure
to NETX, making security risk determination that much easier.
NETX also utilizes the industry standard IxANVL (Automated Network Validation Library) for the NETX core TCP/IP protocol implementation.
- Piconet™ Architecture
- Automatic scaling
- UDP Fast-Path Technology™
- Flexible packet management
- Zero-copy API and implementation
- Multihomed support
- Optional timeout on all suspension
- Static routing support
- TRACEX system analysis support
NETX is one of the most popular TCP/IP stack for embedded IoT devices, including many SoCs from Broadcom, Gainspan, etc.
The following are some reasons for our consistent time-to-market advantage:
- Quality Documentation – please review our NETX User Guide and see for yourself!
- Complete Source Code Availability
- Easy-to-use API
- Comprehensive and Advanced Feature Set
There are five basic types of licenses and the ability to create a custom license for unique situations. Please see the licensing page for more information.
Full, highest-quality source code
C source code. Throughout the years, NETX source code has set the bar in quality and ease of understanding. In addition, the convention of having one function per-file, provides for easy source navigation. The following is an example of the NETX nx_icmp_enable.c function:
Supports most popular architectures
- Analog Devices: SHARC, Blackfin
- ARM: ARM7, ARM9, ARM11, Cortex-M0/M3/M4/M7/A5/A7/A8/A9/A52/A53/A57/R4/R5
- Cadence: Xtensa, Diamond
- CEVA: TeakLlte-lll
- EnSilica: eSi-RISC
- Imagination: MIPS32 4K, 24K, 34K, 1004K, MIPS64 5K, microAptiv, interAptiv, proAptiv, M-Class
- Intel: x36/Pentium, XScale, NIOS II, Cyclone, Arria 10
- Microchip: AVR32, ARM7, ARM9, Cortex-M3/M4/M7, SAM3/4/7/9/A/C/D/E/G/L/SV, PIC24/PIC32
- NXP: LPC, ARM7, ARM9, PowerPC, 68K, i.MX, ColdFire, Kinetis Cortex-M3/M4
- Renesas: SH, HS, V850, RX, RZ, Synergy
- Silicon Labs: EFM32
- Synopsys: ARC 600, 700, ARC EM, ARC HS
- ST: STM32, ARM7, ARM9, Cortex-M3/M4/M7
- Tl: C5xxx, C6xxx, Stellaris, Sitara, Tiva-C
- Xilinx: MicroBlaze, PowerPC 405, ZYNQ